1. “It’s easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” (Adm. Grace Hopper, U.S. Naval Officer, early computer programmer)
…especially if you’re very cute, and you don’t yet talk.
2. “I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known.” (Walt Disney)
3. “Do I look like I give a damn?”(James Bond (Daniel Craig), when asked if he’d like his martini shaken or stirred in Casino Royale)
We’re going to be late to daycare, you say? I need to put socks on, you say?
4. “Few things are harder to put up with than a good example.”(Mark Twain)
Indeed, Maggie always pee-pees in the potty. Mmm, yes, I see how well she brushes her teeth.
5. “He who hesitates is a damned fool.”(Mae West)
6. “You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you.” (Leon Trotsky)
7. “I think ‘Hail to the Chief’ has a nice ring to it.” (John F. Kennedy when asked for his favorite song)
Right up there with “Twinkle, twinkle…”
8. “If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough.”(Mario Andretti)
Does this buggy have a faster gear? Let’s try her down that steep hill!
9. “Nobody puts Baby in a corner.”(Johnny Castle (Patrick Swayze) in Dirty Dancing)
You’re going to have to lock me in if I’m serving a “time-out.” (And even then, I’ve somehow removed the ventilation grill from every door, and my head fits right on through.)
10. “When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I’ve never tried before.” (Mae West)
If he plays his cards right, a fellow can go far in life “not knowing any better.” But it’s in one’s interest to mix things up. (If managed properly, this one goes right along with #1